- HomeLet's Start here
- CoursesTraining Courses
- HIPAA Compliance
- Healthcare & OSHA
- Human Resources / EEO
- Professional Skills
- Microsoft Office
- Evolve LMSManage Training
- ContactGet in Touch
Personal Protective Equipment for Healthcare Workers
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is not a luxury, nor an optional convenience. PPE provides a barrier against physical, chemical, radiological, and biological hazards for healthcare staff. This lesson covers the types of PPE used in the healthcare industry, its requirements and limitations, and how to properly maintain and dispose of contaminated PPE. This course addresses the proper use, care and maintenance of PPE in the healthcare setting. PPE is designed to help prevent workers from exposure to a variety of hazards including, but not limited to, bloodborne pathogens, infectious diseases, ergonomic injuries, splashes, spills, punctures, and cuts. The goal of this course is to educate healthcare personnel about the proper type, use care and maintenance of PPE.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Distinguish between employer and employee responsibilities for PPE.
- Identify appropriate types of PPE.
- Recognize the factors in selecting appropriate PPE.
- Properly don, doff and use PPE.
- Introduction and Objectives
- Responsibility and Control
- Types of PPE
- Selection of PPE
- How to safely don, doff and use PPE
Medical OSHA Training - Features and Benefits
- Course material is engaging and accurate.
- Online content, quiz, and test questions are directed to the content provided in the course and are based on proven adult learning theory principles.
- Interactivities are used to engage the learner and hold his or her interest.
- Includes course certificate of completion for each student and course completion reports for proof of compliance.
- Learners and administrators have 24 x 7 access to courses and reporting features.
- Audio narration that can be muted for crowded office environments plus audio transcript available in the course.
- Non-graded knowledge checks to reinforce lesson objectives.
- Bookmarking so learners can reopen the course to continue at page in the course where it was previously closed.
- Relevant images and animations are used throughout the course.
- The course mobile compatible to run on IOS and Android mobile devices.
- Unlimited times to pass end-of course-assessment with 80% minimum passing score.
Estimated Time: 25 Minutes
Customized Off-the-Shelf Content
- Custom Training Pages & Quiz Questions Add and edit training pages, knowledge check questions or assessment questions to highlight your specific policies and procedures. This includes adding all-new pages with custom animations, images, and voiceover; customizing pop-ups; and adding any additional course pages that might be required.
- Executive Introduction & Conclusion Including an introduction or conclusion from your CEO or other executive can make a strong impression on learners, indicating to them the importance of the training and your management’s strong and commitment to compliance.
- Role-Based Custom Training for Specific Audiences Some of our training modules can be mixed and matched to create specific training programs for specific audiences or training requirements. This modular approach allows you to quickly and easily deploy the topics that are most relevant to your current compliance challenges.
Copyrights © 2016 & All Rights Reserved by Evolve Technologies, Inc.